http://lulusbay.wordpress.com

Want to find me.. I will be at the bar with a glass in my hand, but not eating the nuts... bar nuts are sort of scary.









Wednesday, February 17, 2010

“Careful, she might hear you!”

“You have to forget about what other people say; when you're supposed to die, when you're supposed to be lovin'. You have to forget about all these things. You have to go on and be crazy. Craziness is like heaven.” Jimi Hendrix

Sleepy, sleepy Sunday afternoon. 

When I hear certain ‘other’ members of the household whispering, I crack open one eye to see what they are up to.  Whispering.  Sunday.  Never a good combination.

They think I am asleep.  I like it that way.  I watch them through my eyelashes.  They are definitely planning something. I can only hope, that this time, it doesn’t end up like the never-to-be-mentioned-again ‘green paint & Mum’s best cashmere’ incident…

I hear them slip open the door to the garden.

“You go first!” 

“No, you first”

“Let’s hold hands.”

You would be forgiven for thinking that we have a few little fairies flitting about…but this is what I found:

IMG_7303

“Ooooh… it is a wee bit cold on my feet…but it’s ok!”

IMG_7304

“Yes, I see what you mean, quite refreshing… but are my toes supposed to feel so numb?”

IMG_7305

“Ummm… maybe it will be better if I just put one foot in the snow, and hop?”

IMG_7306

“Ok.. so now I have no feeling in that foot and will need to switch…are you SURE this is a good idea?”

IMG_7307

“Aaahhhh… I think we should call a helicopter to come and get us… IT’S FREEEZING!”

IMG_7308

“Whose stupid idea was this!!  Call mum, tell her to come and get us… she should bring a St Bernard with her…”

IMG_7311

“No response from the MUM SNOW RESCUE UNIT… we better make a run for it!”

Like real fairies…some days, it is better not to let on that you can see them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails