http://lulusbay.wordpress.com

Want to find me.. I will be at the bar with a glass in my hand, but not eating the nuts... bar nuts are sort of scary.









Thursday, December 17, 2009

I’m just saying…

“I used to be Snow White -- but I drifted.” Mae West

This time tomorrow ‘the guests’ will be here.  For about 10 seconds this morning I felt bad.  Bad that they were already sitting in a sardine tin hurtling through the atmosphere, while I was snuggled up, toasty warm, in my Super Duper Extra Comfy Cosy Bed.  But then I got over it, because there is much to do!

Started the pastry for my mince pies last night.  The recipe said to chill the flour and butter for 20 minutes in the freezer.  Are you kidding me!  Have you seen the size of a German fridge? No way could you ever hide a dead body here… hmmm not sure where that came from.  After spending 10 minutes trying to fit the bowl of my Kitchen Aid into a small drawer, I found another solution (also makes an excellent beer cooler):

IMG_6963

And ‘the guests’ now have a bed.  I wasn’t sure that was going to happen.  I can show you, because, like I said, ‘the guests’ are currently cruising at 20,000 feet, eating with plastic cutlery and being kicked in the back of the seat by a little fat kid who likes to press the button to summon the ‘cabin attendant"’, often.

IMG_6967 IMG_6968

Now here it gets interesting.  Not one to toot my own horn or anything (yeah right), but the one thing ‘the guests’ requested, seeing as they come from a little town in the middle of nowhere, and the temperature has been a constant 42 degrees… was snow.  “Could we please have some snow?” they said… Oh sure, no problem… I can do that. And I did.

IMG_6965 Ok, ok… yes it does look like I just dropped a bag of flour out there.  And those of you that live in Minnesota and have been shovelling 5m high snow drifts all week… well just stop sniggering, I can hear you from here!!  We are expecting more on Saturday, but at least it will be a nice welcome gift.

Should nuclear war start tomorrow, or those Aliens that chased Tom Cruise all over in War of the Worlds (still can’t believe that didn’t manage to eat that little shrimp) arrive… we are prepared.  The cellar is fully loaded.

IMG_6969  Now all I need to do is get my cute butt to Frankfurt to collect everybody.  They all very conveniently booked to arrive at 6:00am (god bless their little cotton socks), and as it is at least a two hour drive (if we are lucky), and it is snowing… Mr Dear Husband has booked us in to sleep in a hotel near the Airport tonight.  I hear it has an excellent Japanese restaurant… I will think about ‘the guests’ as I am sipping my Sake and supping on Sushi, while they enjoy their 17th meal of ‘chicken or fish?”

11 comments:

Global Librarian said...

Snigger. Snigger. You call that "snow???"

Veronica said...

It would do for me ... even the frog is feeling hot.
Have you got another spare room Lulu? We could do a quick trip to IKEA on the way "home"

Beth said...

‘Tis the season – and you are so prepared. The hostess with the most-ess!
Enjoy your company. (And stay sane.)

Peggy said...

Where in Germany are you? I once lived 2 hours from Frankfurt...in Stuttgart! Lived there for three fab years. LOVED just about every second of it.

I'm in awe of your cellar :-)

Have you been to the Christmas Market yet? The one in Stuttgart is claustrophibically crowded, but I did find one about 20 minutes away from the city in a small town Bad Somethingorother and I still have many of the ornaments I bought from there!

oreneta said...

Ooooooohhhhh sushi........mmmmmmmm.

Connie said...

Enjoy your guests! Looks like you are ready! :)

Veronica said...

Hope you got there and back safely; it would appear that it has been a bit chilly.
Keeping fingers crossed.

Mumma Lisa said...

Good on you girl. You are a champion. Looks like you are all organised for your visitors. It seems like Christmas for me this year is about housework and shopping! I did however make some biscuits with the girls on Saturday and decorated chocolate royal biscuits (Arnotts!) with Jaffas and spearmint leaves - they looked like little puddings what a treat. I even made the royal icing! Back to cleaning the deck I suppose.....sigh.

surfie999@gmail.com said...

Sounds as if SNOW has arrived big time in much of Europe over the past few days. It seems you will have a white Christmas beyond most expectations.

black bear cabin said...

im totally jealous of your cellar...ahhhh, to have storage space :)

Owen Carpenter said...

Hi great rreading your post

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails